The famous palace in the park.
Alexandra Palace is a historic hilltop entertainment venue in Alexandra Park, between Muswell Hill and Wood Green.
It was originally opened in 1873 by English tenor Sims Reeves with an audience of 102,000. 16 days later a destructive fire destroyed the building killing 3 staff members and destroying a vast collection of historic English ceramics.
The rebuilding included a concert hall, art galleries, a museum, lecture hall, library, banqueting room, and large theatre.